There are many types of skin disorders which affect our skin. The most common among them is acne. The occurrence of the acne is most common among teenagers and young adult people.
What Is Acne?
Acne, is a defined as a long-term skin disease which happens when the hair follicles start getting clogged with the dead skin cells and body oil from the skin. There are many different skin conditions in which the acne manifests itself such as blackheads, whiteheads, or pimples. The most prominent acne occurrences on the body are on the face (mostly), chest, shoulders etc.
What Is The Root Cause Of Acne?
Acne mostly happens to teenagers as with puberty the androgens (sex hormone) secretion increases rapidly which thereby overflow the oil glands which are present on our skin pores with excess oil. This body oil is known as Sebum and when a situation occurs in which the oil gland has more sebum then this oil will result in the growth of bacteria which further creates the condition of acne.
Things To Consider In Order To Prevent Acne
- Avoid intake of fried and junk foods
- Avoid face washes containing chemicals
- Take more fiber-rich vegetables.
- Do not use oil based soaps on the face.
- Take one amla daily.
- Consume fruits like pomegranate, berries, avocado, almonds etc.
- Drink 2-2.5 liter of water in a day.
- Try to avoid stress and tension.
What Are The Symptoms Of Acne?
- The appearance of cysts which contains pus-like fluid.
- The appearance of a pimple containing a lesion filled with pus.
- The appearance of clogged pores causing various types of skin conditions like whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples.
- The appearance of a red bump on the are of infected skin.
- A constant feeling of itching.
- A painful sensation on the infected area.
Foods To Eat To Prevent Acne
- Eat foods which are rich in whole grains.
- Eat complex carbohydrate-rich foods like legumes.
- Natural organic fruits and green leafy vegetables like spinach.
- Eat foods which contains a good amount of zinc like lentils.
- Eat foods which are rich in Vitamin A and E.
- Eat organic vegetables like sweet potatoes, carrots.
- Consume foods like brown rice, tomatoes, beans, lentils, nuts, and seeds.
- Eat foods which contain antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids which helps to clear out all the impurities of the body.
- Drink natural ayurvedic green tea which is rich in antioxidants.
- Eat probiotic food in order to maintain a good digestion power.
Foods To Avoid
- Avoid eating fast foods such as burgers, french fries.
- Avoid eating food which is rich in Omega-6 fatty acids such as soy oil and corn.
- Limit eating foods which contain dairy products such as ice cream.
- Avoid eating artificial sweeteners such as cane sugar and maple syrup.
- Avoid eating foods which contain refined carbohydrates such as white rice, noodles, pasta, bread, crackers.
- Limit the habit of consuming sodas and sugary beverages.
Yoga & Meditation Exercises To Reduce Acne
- Janu Sirsasana
- Viparita Karani
- Half Lord of the Fishes Pose
- Revolved Triangle Pose
- Reclining Twist
- Shoulder Stand- Salamba Sarvangasana
- Child’s Pose
- Rabbit Pose
- Spinal twists
- Wind Relieving Pose
- Pranayama breathing
- Virabhadrasana – Warrior Pose
Ayurvedic Home Remedies For The Treatment Of Acne
- Washing your face with papaya extract and warm water.
- Drinking the juice of white gourd (lauki).
- Applying the lemon extract directly on the acne infected area of the skin.
- Applying the turmeric paste along with warm water on your acne infected area of the skin.
- Directly applying the Amla or Indian Gooseberry on your acne infected face in the form of an extract.
- Massaging the tulsi leaves on the infected region of the face.
- Rub a few drops of honey on the acne infested area of the skin.
- Apply the neem extract directly on the acne infested area.
- Consuming Triphala which is an ayurvedic remedy which treats the imbalance of the body by synchronizing the (Vata, Pitta, and kapha). It is also beneficial due to its antibacterial and healing properties.
Ayurvedic Supplements To Reduce Acne
- Herbal compound - Lodhra, Salmali, Dadima, Brahmi, Jatiphal, Ashwagandha, Bala
- Mansyadi vati
- Aloe vera gel
- Acne Ayurvedic face pack.
- Neem Essential face wash
- Brahmi Amla Oil
These supplements are to be consumed in a certain pattern and quantity which is determined by the Ayurveda specialist after studying your symptoms, your past behavioral patterns, depression, anxiety and other issues. Once these are studied well ( as each person faces different symptoms in varied intensity). The specialist will suggest the remedies in accordance to your problems. This would include changes in diet to cleanse your system, yoga, meditation and herbal, natural supplements to better your immunity and cure health problems.
To consult our Ayurvedic Specialists, please click here.
P.S. Our specialists are certified Ayurvedic professional holding the degrees from renowned and authentic Ayurveda institutes in India. They offer online consultation and continuously monitor your progress.