Proteins are the building blocks of the human body. Most of the building materials of the body when disintegrated down to the level of RNA and DNA... More
Workout is an important part of an athlete’s or a body-builder’s life. Movie stars and models are also working out on a regular basis to stay in shape which is the main requirement of the show business. But, when it comes to cracking down the complete workout plan, things become a bit hazy. Not every workout plan is suitable or delivers same results. The goals and the body types are different, but one thing that is common to all is that the workout should prepare for the challenges and help in keeping the body fit and strong.
The ideal work out has three main parts:
- Cardio or warming up session
- Strengthening exercises
- Flexibility exercises
Cardio Exercises: These exercises actually accelerate the heart rate and improve lung function. Its main function is to prepare the body for intense work out. Since the muscles are warmed up, they tend to avoid soreness caused by strengthening exercises. Also, these exercises are ideal for weight loss, to stay healthy and for mood-upliftment. The general length of cardio varies from 10 minutes to 40 minutes depending upon the fitness goals.
Strengthening exercises: These are a must-do for body-builders or for those who are striving for a particular body shape. The body is pushed to certain challenging limits with the help of strength training and resistance training. The function of these exercises is to provide strength to joints, tendons and ligaments and to help achieve certain shape of various body parts.
Flexibility exercises: The flexibility exercises are done to train the body parts as per the requirements of sports. The limbs and the contributing organs to an action need to acquire a wide range of motion and this motion needs to be done repeatedly too. Thus, the chances of injury in the form of muscle pull, torn muscle and so on are greatly reduced.
Various profiles have different workout requirements. Some need doing cardio more, other spend more time in strengthening and weight training; while others may require doing lot of flexibility exercises to fight stiffness or any other common issue in the body. Let’s find out how ideal workout looks like for different sets of people.
Ideal work out for athletes
The athletes need more fit bodies than other people. They are constantly into running, or doing other sports that require additional strength. Main workout for athletes is supposed to focus all of the muscle, core and joints. They cannot do spot training and expect great performance at the field. So, the work out design of athletes comprises of:
- General exercises: Athlete has to have a strong and stout body. Push-ups and pull-ups are some of the workouts that engage multiple muscles and joints simultaneously. These are done after the warming up session. Bench-press, squat and deadlift are other gym exercises which can be done with or without equipment. Biceps curl, scissor power stitch and neutral-grip chin-up make every session effectively contributing to the training session of an athlete.
- Complex training portion: Some of the general exercises are done with greater intensity in the complex training part. Burpees, medicinal ball lifts with hip rotation and dumbbell incline press add to the complexity of the training and give the requisite strength.
- Flexibility exercises: The body of an athlete needs to be flexible too, in addition to being strong. Stretches and flexibility go hand in hand. Standing forward bend exercise, cat-cow stretch, spinal twist and lower back and hip stretch are some of the exercises that make the whole workout for an athlete complete.
Reliable workout for bodybuilders
Need packing on some serious muscle? Apart from taking protein supplements, you need to have a systematic workout plan. Body building gives equal importance to both the food and the work-out. While protein like IZ whey protein helps in meeting the daily protein requirement necessary for muscle building, the work-outs do their bit in developing a chiseled body. An ideal workout schedule for bodybuilders looks something like this:
- Side Lateral Raise. 2 sets, 10 reps
- Crunches. 2 sets, 15 reps.
- Lying Leg Curls. 2 sets, 10 reps.
- Barbell Deadlift. 3 sets, 6 reps.
- Incline Dumbbell Press. 3 sets, 10 reps.
- Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown. 3 sets, 8 reps.
- Leg Extensions. 2 sets, 10 reps.
Further, learn about 5x5 program workout A that is the start of the ideal workout. Concisely speaking, it will comprise of sit-ups, barbell squat, pull-ups and so on. The intensity of this 5x5 program is increased in workout B.
Other popular program is German volume training. As the name suggests, it is aimed at beefing up the muscles. Any two muscle groups are focused per day and at a time in this program. All exercises done in 5x5 program are increased to 10 reps and more. It is helpful on building muscle mass at quicker pace.
It is followed by FST-7 training program. This program can be understood as Fascial Stretch Training and offers stretching of fascia tissue primarily around the muscles and that around the whole body overall.
Some important tips
The structural intensity of the body is achieved through FST program and others. Follow the rest periods religiously to ensure that your body is able to handle the stress of the workout.
Eating good food and taking the help of nutritionist to get the requisite amounts of proteins and carbs is the key to a great body. Have a trainer in place when you need achieving goals in the limited time period. But always remember anything that is sustainable takes time. So, be realistic to be sustainably strong and fit.